Join Live Racing to watch Australian MotoGP live from Phillip Island, Australia. Catch all the AirAsia Australian Grand Prix MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3 action live — free practice, qualifying, warm-up, and race — on 26–28 October 2012 or anytime after via replay. Access Australian motorcycle Grand Prix Road Racing World Championship streams and feeds aggregated from sources worldwide. Never miss a race again!
- Next Race Date — 28th October 2012
- Location — Phillip Island, Australia
- Circuit Length — 4.448 km (2.764 mi)
Australian MotoGP Overview
The Australian MotoGP is a highly anticipated race and is set in the beautiful surroundings of Philip Island. The event is always popular with spectators and there is usually a big crowd there to cheer on the fantastic racing that inevitably takes place.
The Philips Island circuit is popular with the teams and riders and offers a smooth, fluid track that encourages top-class racing. The circuit is 4.448 km long and includes 12 corners together with a 900 m straight.
History of Motorcycle Grand Prix in Australia
Racing has taken place at Philips Island since the public roads hosted car races in the 1920s. The first motorcycle races were held at the venue in 1931 and a purpose built circuit was constructed in 1956. The circuit fell into disrepair in the 1970s and 1980s but was renovated in 1985. MotoGP returned in 1989 and has been held regularly since 1997 onwards.
Australian Moto GP Key Moments
- Casey Stoner wins to complete four successive victories in a row at his home MotoGP.
- Casey Stoner wins in his home MotoGP and sends the crowd wild with an impressive display.
- A flying performance by Valentino Rossi secures a fifth successive victory at Philips Island.