Join Live Racing to watch Japanese MotoGP live from Motegi, Japan. Catch all the AirAsia Grand Prix of Japan MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3 action live — free practice, qualifying, warm-up, and race — on 12–14 October 2012 or anytime after via replay. Access Japanese motorcycle Grand Prix Road Racing World Championship streams and feeds aggregated from sources worldwide. Never miss a race again!
- Next Race Date — 14th October 2012
- Location — Motegi, Japan
- Circuit Length — 4.801 km (2.983 mi)
Japanese MotoGP Overview
The Motegi circuit provides an exciting Japanese MotoGP race in the beautiful setting of the northern Kanto district. The course provides a number of attractions for spectators and includes some very good viewing facilities. The riders like the circuit and they tend to produce some very good performances as a result.
The circuit is 4.801 km in length and includes 14 corners with the longest straight a downhill stretch of 762 m.
History of Motorcycle Grand Prix in Japan
The Motegi circuit was built by Honda as a test facility in 1997 and the road circuit has hosted the MotoGP since 2000. The course also includes an oval circuit, which has been designed to attract American motorsport to Japan whilst the complex also boasts the hugely impressive Honda Collection Hall, which displays an extensive selection of Honda racing machines. The event is an extremely popular event and never fails to produce an exciting race.
Japanese Moto GP Key Moments
- Valentino Rossi takes the chequered flag in style with Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa left to claim the podium places.
- Lori Capirossi starts down in eight place on the grid but battles to the front claim an impressive victory.
- Lori Capirossi wins to claim the first victory for a non-Japanese team in a Japanese Motorcycle Grand Prix.